Remote Survey from Norwegian Hull Club
Norwegian Hull Club's Remote Survey service enables a surveyor - no matter their location (dependent on WiFi / network connectivity) - to examine damage to a vessel or unit in real time, via live streaming.
On this page and via the Advice menu below you'll find:
- An overview of our Remote Survey service
- Descriptions of roles and responsibilities
- What to do in the event of a claim
- Guidance regarding use of the Remote Survey App – Onsight Connect
- Remote Survey Benefits Matrix
What is a Remote Survey?
As stated, a Remote Survey enables a surveyor to examine damage to a vessel or unit in real time, via live streaming (dependent on WiFi / network connectivity). In cases where connectivity is lost or unobtainable, the survey can still be conducted in an offline mode, with images / video etc. sent to the Surveyor when able.
The Surveyor can request different views of the damage / surrounding area etc., in addition to relevant documentation in order to compile their survey report.
Norwegian Hull Club has entered into a collaboration with leading technology and systems provider Librestream in order to deliver Remote Survey.
The Club has identified a number of key benefits that Remote Survey provides to all stakeholders, including:
- Cost reduction
- Improved information sharing
- Improved accessibility to expertise
Specific benefits for the various stakeholders can be found in the Remote Survey Benefits Matrix
You can also learn more about the advantages of Remote Survey in our article: "Technology enables surveys during COVID-19 pandemic, promises benefits beyond".
- If you have any general questions regarding Remote Survey, please contact Head of Technical Department Steinar Sivertsen at email@example.com or Chief Claims Officer Aage Solberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Case-specific queries should be directed to either the Claims Handler or the contact persons mentioned in your role description; details can be found in the 'Advice' sections (below).
- As The Club’s focus is always on the satisfaction of its clients and the sharing of knowledge and experience, your feedback on Remote Surveys is extremely valuable. Please contact your Claims Handler (if appropriate) or email@example.com